Correcting a "No matching QSO in Log" error
If invoking the Sync LotW QSLs operation produces a no matching QSO in log error message, the logged QSO's callsign, band mode, start time, or station callsign was evidently modified after it was uploaded to LotW. To correct this,
- use the callsign, band, mode, start time, and station callsign shown in the error message to locate the likely QSO in your log
- determine which of the logged QSO's item(s) was modified after it was uploaded
if the modification was unintentional (see Note below)
click the Edit button (assuming your have the Require Edit to modify logged QSOs box checked on the Configuration window's General tab, as is recommended)
- correct the modified item
click the Save button
in the Log Page Display, right-click the entry for this QSO and select the Update from LotW menu item
The information reported by LotW should now enable DXKeeper to locate the logged QSO and update its LotW QSL Rcvd item to Y.
Note: If after uploading a logged QSO to LotW you modified one or more of its items to correct an error and then re-uploaded the modified QSO to LotW, the first upload may create a QSO in LotW that
- doesn't match any QSO now in your log
- won't ever be confirmed in LotW
- will live in LotW forever (because LotW does not permit deletion)
Such QSOs, referred to as zombies, are annoying because they generate no matching QSO in log error messages when reported to DXKeeper by LotW, but are otherwise harmless.